LPCA and William Land Park
The “Jewel of Sacramento” was established after William Land, a prominent Sacramento hotelier donated a large sum to “purchase a park within a suitable distance of Sacramento to be used as a recreation spot for the children and a pleasure ground for the poor.” Since it opened in 1918, William Land Regional Park has fulfilled that dream.
The park spans 160 acres and is surrounded by the historical Land Park neighborhood. A diverse population of visitors and Sacramentians visit the park daily to relax, exercise, and play. Families come to the park to celebrate important milestones including birthdays, baby showers, reunions, and even weddings.
Amenities include the William A. Carroll Amphitheater, several baseball fields, duck ponds, and larger attractions like The Sacramento Zoo, Funderland, and FairyTale Town.
In the spirit of maintaining William Land’s vision, the Land Park Neighborhood Association (LPCA) was established in 1983. It is a group of dedicated volunteers committed to preserving and enhancing the quality of life for Land Park and the surrounding neighborhood. To learn more about the Board click here